Badge of a Veteran of the Order of the Red Banner Ladoga Flotilla, 1970s issue.
In aluminum and paint; the pendant measures 46 mm tall (incl. eyelet) x 31 mm wide. The obverse shows a map of Lake Ladoga with lighthouses and naval vessels in action and abbreviation КЛФ ("KLF ") for "Order of the Red Banner Ladoga Flotilla". The writing on the reverse is "Defender of the Road of Life, 1941-44" The suspension has cloth ribbon which is the same as on the Defense of Leningrad Medal. The reverse of the suspension shows early trademark of the Pobeda Factory in Moscow. In excellent condition.
The Ladoga Flotilla played a vital role in the defense of Leningrad throughout the siege. During the winter months its sailors served as naval infantrymen, antiaircraft gunners and artillerymen, while in the summer its small boats valiantly protected the Road of Life that continued to operate over the open water. The flotilla was especially successful in stopping the German attempt in 1942 to disrupt the traffic on the lake using Siebel ferries.
$30.00 Add to cart