Order of St Stanislaus, Civil Division, 3rd class breast
badge, by Albert Keibel, 1882-1899.
In gold and enamels; measures 42.4 mm in height (incl.
eyelet), 39.4 mm in width; weighs 9.1 grams not including
the ribbon and connecting link. This elegant, early Albert
Keibel piece is superior in quality to the later issues even
of the same manufacturer. The enamel on the arms is of
distinctively light shade of red and beautifully translucent
allowing a clear view of the guilloche pattern on the gold.
The depiction of the leaves in the band is also more subtle
and the details of the eagles are more precise than that on
the more recent pieces.
Maker marked AK to the reverse lower arm. The reverse
upper arm shows double-headed eagle warrant signifying the
official supplier to the Kapitul (Chancellery) of
Russian Imperial Orders. The eyelet has a "56" gold hallmark
with the crossed anchors and scepter of the St. Petersburg
In outstanding, excellent condition. The red enamel on the
arms is perfect, completely free of even the tiniest contact
marks that could be found under a 10x magnification. Both
sides of the center medallion are literally pristine. The
green enamel in the leaves of the raised band around the
medallion is likewise perfectly preserved.
The badge comes with an 8-inch (over 20 cm) length of
beautifully preserved, immaculately clean St. Stanislaus
ribbon of imperial period, mounted on a Soviet-era
suspension device with a new connecting link.